This amazing map is ready for purchase and ready for your wall!
– Overall size: 67”x40” / 172cm x 102cm
Contact us for custom sizes.
Its a true “objet d’art”!
More information about this map:
– world in 16th century: a large and extensive southern continent is shown and labeled “Terra Incognita”. Author Forlani has populated the unknown southern land mass with imaginary topographical features as well as unlikely animals – among them a camel, an elephant, a lion, a rhinoceros and most outlandish, a griffin and a unicorn.
– Every detail on the map is clearly readable
– Marvelous colors
– High resolution, precise map on durable resistant canvas with hand made antique finish.
Hand made wooden pull down frame, made of over 200 years old oak. Map includes iron hangers and rusty iron plate with an old latin expresion: “HIC SVNT DRACONES” – HERE BE MONSTERS or HERE BE DRAGONS. It is meant to represent dangerous or unexplored territories, in imitation of a supposed medieval practice of putting dragons, sea serpents and other mythological creatures in uncharted areas of maps.
– Hand-carved antique dragon tail finials at the bottom, antique wooden bar.
– Dark chocolate color, matte feel
– Hand forged iron nails & hangers
– Left and right vertical edges are accurately distorted, really original, vintage feel
The content on the map is a true conversation starter, attracting attention of your guests, visitors.
Unique wall decoration for your home, office or any other place. Depending on the context, it may provide you a modern or vintage, industrial or rustic, simple or luxurious tribute, that will perfectly match your lifestyle and compliment your interior design.
Instead of a dull photo or a painting on your wall, this map is an exclusive masterpiece, that will instantly charm your guests or visitors looking at the whole new world in front of them. It is the perfect combination of aesthetics and style.
Put on some practical value to your piece of art, by tracking your previous travels or planning new adventures. Travel back in time by studying the maps of great explorers, see how they envisioned the world and document it for many generations to follow.
Contact us for any further information or more photos.