Highly decorative map of India, minimal map size preserve high quality details
51” x 43” / 130 x 111 cm (contact us for custom sizes)
Map comes ready to hang:
– Cooper nails are included at the front of the map
– Hidden wooden bars and hangers behind the map
– Map is rolled up for shipping in a bulletproof tube
About the map:
– Map title Hindustan
– From early 1800
– Covers the subcontinent from Tibet to Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and from the mouth of the Indus to the Kingdom of Pegu (Burma or Myanmar)
– Includes the modern day countries of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Bangladesh, and parts of Burma, China, and Afghanistan, including the cities of Kabul and Kandahar
– Excellent detail throughout with color coding indicating various political divisions and princely states
– Countless important cities are marked, including: Delhi, Agra, Lhasa, Kathmandu, Goa, Bombay, Calcutta, Colombo, Dacca, Patna, and others
– Occasionally offers comments on inland river navigation and speculative notations such as the “Supposed course of the Aracan River”
– Wonderful notations regarding caravan and trade routes
– Description of a “Night stage in a cave” on the Himalayan transverse north of Lucknow
– Names urban centers, palaces, fortifications, battle sites, swamps, mountains and river systems
– Lower right hand quadrant features three scales, British Miles and Rajput Cosses, and Hindustan Cosses
– Countries and cities names are accurate and comfortably readable
– High resolution, precise map on durable resistant canvas with hand made antique finish.
– Vintage and original feel, distorted map edges, cracks and smears all over the map
Unique wall decoration for your home, office or any other place. Depending on the context, it may provide you a modern or vintage, industrial or rustic, simple or luxurious tribute, that will perfectly match your lifestyle and compliment your interior design.
Instead of a dull photo or a painting on your wall, this map is an exclusive masterpiece, that will instantly charm your guests or visitors looking at the whole new world in front of them. It is the perfect combination of aesthetics and style.
Put on some practical value to your piece of art, by tracking your previous travels or planning new adventures. Travel back in time by studying the maps of great explorers, see how they envisioned the world and document it for many generations to follow.
Contact us for any further information or more photos.